Monday 16 February 2015

5 Shades of Grey

5 Shades of Grey Nail Polish - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe

It seems impossible to get away from 50 Shades of Grey mania at the moment. I'm not exactly a fan, I'm just too much of a prude! However it did give me a great idea for a little blog post, so here's my favourite grey nail polishes.


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Grey By Grey

2 coats, no top coat
A blue toned grey with a dreamy formula. With careful application, this could easily be a one-coater, it's so opaque. The CSM polishes have a flat wide brush, making it easy to use, and the finish is shiny even without top coat. Shop here.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Grey By Grey - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


Revlon Parfumerie - Spun Sugar

3 coats, no top coat
A light, silvery grey polish with a frosty finish. I'm not a big fan of frost polishes however it does create a silky effect, which I'm guessing ties in well with this theme (?). The Parfumerie range also leave a subtle scent on the nails once dry. Shop here. Full review of this polish here.

Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel - Spun Sugar - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


Rimmel - Grey Matter

2 coats, no top coat
To me this is a perfect mid-tone grey. I've had this a long time and I still come back to it whenever I need a grey for nail art. The polish has an opaque, creamy formula and a nice wide brush that actually covers the whole nail in one stroke (surprisingly rare for my large nails). I'm not certain this polish is still available, it's still listed on the Rimmel website, but not on Boots or Superdrug, but there is something called 'Very Grey' so maybe it's been renamed?

Rimmel - Grey Matter - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


Maxfactor Max Effect - Silver

4 coats, no top coat
A dark, gunmetal grey with fine silver glitter. This polish is very sheer, it needed 4 coats for full opacity, but this does allow the glitter flecks to shine through beautifully. It dries down to a semi-matte finish, which I think looks good, but you could obviously cover it with top coat if you prefer it glossy. Shop here.

Maxfactor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish - Silver - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


Ciaté- Pillow Fight

3 coats, no top coat
A lovely lavender grey creme polish. I really love this colour. It's pretty, yet feels quite grown up and sophisticated. The formula is great (you could get away with 2 coats) and the brush is the perfect shape for me, especially good considering this is a mini bottle. Shop here.

Ciate - Pillow Fight - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


And for one final flourish, here they are all together - this time with top coat.

5 Shades of Grey Nail Polish - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk / ig@amyforsythe


Have you been to see the 50 Shades movie? Or, like me, are you more interested in Pancake Day?

Amy

Follow my blog on

2 comments:

  1. Love rimmel grey matter!

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just hope I'll still be able to replace it when this bottle runs out x

      Delete