Tuesday 21 April 2015

Purple Ombré Nail Art with Silver Glitter Stripes

Glitter Stripe and Lilac Ombre Nail Art with Barry M Prickly Pear - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk

Another bit of stripy nail art today - what can I say? At least I'm consistent! This particular design was heavily inspired by one of my most favourite nail artists on Instagram, Jessie K, aka @nailsofjessiek.


Jessie always does lots of amazing geometric nail art, she often uses nail vinyls or stencils to make her designs (including this one). As soon as I start earning I'm definitely investing in some stencils as they let you create lots of different shapes with beautiful clean lines. In the meantime, for this manicure I used my usual skinny nail art tape, hence the slim stripes.

I started off with three coats of glitter polish; one normal painted coat and two applied with a sponge for more intense glitter pay-off. Then I used two coats of top coat to smooth the glitter over, left it for 20 minutes to dry, then applied the striping tape. Next I used two shades of purple polish and a sponge to create an ombré over the glitter. Finally I peeled off the striping tape and added a layer of top coat to seal the design.

Polishes Used:


  • Models Own - Juicy Jules
  • Barry M Gelly Nail Paint - Prickly Pear
  • Barry M Gelly Nail Paint - Fondant


Glitter Stripe and Lilac Ombre Nail Art - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk

Glitter Stripe and Lilac Ombre Nail Art with Models Own Juicy Jules - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk

Glitter Stripe and Lilac Ombre Nail Art with Barry M Fondant - hairnailsetc.blogspot.co.uk


Overall I do like this design, just not as much as Jessie's original. The Models Own glitter polish is so beautiful, especially when applied with a sponge, but I ended up covering most of it up since the striping tape is so fine. However I did get a chance to use my new Fondant polish from Barry M which I absolutely love!



Amy

Follow my blog on

6 comments:

  1. I love Jessie's nails too and I think you did a lovely job! Gorgeous mani :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! Yes I could probably start a whole series of Jessie recreations! x

      Delete
  2. Love this manicure! Gorgeous colour combo.
    xo, Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'm really in to my pastel colours at the moment :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow this is so pretty! No way could I manage all the stripes but it turned out amazingly.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the lovely comment :) I must admit the striping tape does take some patience but it's usually worth it in the end! x

      Delete